Hmmm… Just read this. Google’s encouraging me to upload my video files to Docs. Uploaded video files can be up to 1 GB.
These are the most common video formats that you can upload and play:
* WebM files (Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codec)
* .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files – (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec)
* .AVI (many cameras use this format – typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM)
* .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio)
* .FLV (Adobe – FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
I can understand why people might want to use Docs for private videos, or ones to which they wish to restrict access to selected friends and family. But for public stuff, why not use YouTube — also a Google property?