- Social media sites have emerged as a go-to platform for connecting with others, finding news and engaging politically.
- Around the world and in the U.S., social media has become a key tool for activists, as well as those aligned against them.
- Smartphones have altered the way many Americans go online.
- Growth in mobile and social media use has sparked debates about the impact of screen time on America’s youth – and others.
- Data privacy and surveillance have become major concerns in the post-Snowden era.
- Tech platforms have given rise to a gig economy.
- Online harassment has become a fairly common feature of online life, both for teens and adults.
- Made-up news and misinformation has sparked growing concern.
- A majority of Americans see gender discrimination as a problem in the tech industry.
- Americans’ views about tech companies have turned far less positive in recent years.
No surprises, really. But useful to have empirical evidence.
See Source for details.